It’s easy to share your thoughts on Twitter, but sometimes you want to take back that tweet. If a friend retweets something inappropriate or mean, it can be hard to get them off the retweet button and out from under their post. We’ll show you how in this article!
The “how to delete a tweet you retweeted” is a question that has been asked many times before. The user will need to go into the Twitter app and delete the tweet they retweeted.
Do you know how to remove a tweet that was unintentionally shared on Twitter? Twitter is a prominent social networking and microblogging website in the United States, where users connect and send tweets. Tweets may only be posted, commented on, shared, liked, and retweeted by registered users. Unregistered users, on the other hand, may only read those that are open to the public. However, if you retweeted someone’s tweet on Twitter by accident or error. So, when using Twitter on a desktop computer or mobile app, you may erase that retweet with a few clicks or taps.
See How to Unblock “Potentially Sensitive Content” on Twitter for more information.
How to Delete a Tweet That Has Been Retweeted on Twitter
If you’ve ever retweeted someone else’s message on Twitter and subsequently wish to remove it from your company’s Twitter profile, you may do it with a simple mouse click. You may delete your manual retweets or tweets by using the Delete button underneath the tweet. If you wish to utilize Twitter’s Retweet function, the delete link isn’t available, but the Retweeted link underneath the message does. Twitter just deletes the retweeted tweet from your profile page when you erase a tweet. The initial tweet from the poster’s page is not deleted as a result of this.
On the Twitter mobile app, how do you delete a retweet?
In just a few steps, you may remove a retweet on Twitter from your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone app.
- Open the Twitter mobile app on your phone by tapping.
- Then, in the top-left corner of the app, touch on your Profile symbol.
- From the enlarged menu, choose the Profile option.
- On the profile page, look for the retweet you want to remove. Under that retweet, hit the Undo Retweet option.
- In the menu that shows up from the bottom of your mobile screen, tap the Undo Retweet option.
Toggle between Profile Photo and Profile icon in the Twitter app’s menu.
Undo Retweet Link is tapped, and the Undo Retweet option is selected from the menu.
Your chosen retweet has now been removed from your Twitter profile. It was completed by all of you.
Read How to Save Data on Twitter on iPhone and Android-Data Saver.
How to Delete a Retweet on a Desktop Computer on Twitter
When using a desktop Windows, Linux, Mac, or Chromebook computer, you may erase or delete a retweet on Twitter. Then follow the instructions below to complete it.
- Use any web browser on your computer to access the Twitter website.
- Log in to your Twitter account using your username and password.
- From the left sidebar of Twitter, choose Profile.
- On your profile page, look for the retweet you want to remove. At the bottom of the retweet, click the Undo Retweet option.
- To undo a retweet, go to the menu and choose Undo Retweet.
Open Twitter and go to the left-hand panel to the Profile icon.
Below the tweet, click the Undo Retweet Link.
From the menu, choose Undo Retweet.
That’s all there is to it. The choice retweet has been removed from your Twitter profile page.
Read more about how to mute and unmute Twitter threads on the web and in the app.
Here are some commonly asked questions from various folks that you may find interesting to read.
What is the best way to erase a retweet in 2021?
How do I delete or undo a retweet? By clicking on the highlighted Retweet button in the Tweet on Twitter, you may easily remove or undo a Retweet. The Retweet will be deleted or removed from your timeline, but not from the original Tweet.
How can I get rid of old tweets on Twitter?
Follow these procedures to delete your old tweets on Twitter:
- Toggle between the Navigation Menu and the Profile Picture in the Twitter mobile app.
- From the menu, choose the Profile icon.
- Tap on Three-dots at the upper right-hand side of the Tweet you wish to remove or delete.
- Then, at the top of the menu, choose the Delete option.
- To confirm your activity, tap the Yes button.
Watch This Video-
If you delete a tweet from your account, it will be removed from the timeline of the person who retweeted it. If you want to remove that person’s access to the tweet, then you can delete the tweet and block them. Reference: if you delete a tweet can the person still see it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why cant I delete retweets?
A: Retweets cannot be deleted because when users retweet a tweet, it is considered an endorsement of the original users tweet.
How do I delete a retweet from my timeline?
A: To delete a tweet from your timeline, you can go to the top of the screen and click Delete.
Does Tweet delete get rid of retweets?
A: Yes, it does. It removes the tweets completely from your Timeline and blog posts on Twitter are removed after 30 days of inactivity.
- how to delete a tweet from someone else
- how to delete a tweet reply
- how to stop someone from retweeting your tweets
- twitter retweet change
- how to delete a retweet 2021